Thursday 2 January 2014

Mama was the best



Mama was never perfect, but her greatness eluminated in her imperfections.
My mama was no queen in the kitchen
Far from it

The inedible kabish, spinish with phalish
Love the ingredient with which she served it.
Mama was the best
Even though she was a big baby
Who can blame her, at 15 she was just a bad baby
She was bestest
Even though she would leave me through the night, come back in the morning,
Alcohol ingestion that came back and breastfed me
Sharing istorm with me
You see? My mama was caring!
Mama was the greatest!
Well. Because I never knew my father,
Come to think of it, she too never knew my father.
Well... That explained all the strange men, who frequented our shack, when night fell
Mama was just tryna find my dad
Who could fault such assertiveness!
Mama was so rightous
Could not read, but knew a scripture in the book of proverbs
Which said she could spank me
Every night she got beat or drunk.
Mama never went to church
But every other night we was fastin
Prayed to the sounds of Brenda Fassie
We'd fast for three days at a time
She'd ensure there was no food in the house to break our fast.
Mama was the best
Because she could fly
Went out every night and fought the evil from her past.
But on this night, while battling the evil of fear with beer.
She was shot off the sky and died
And now they say she jumped off the bridge, commited suicide.
Wrote a note saying she got tired of being alive!
But I know thats a lie
Coz my mama was the best in the eye of her son




*Unknown*


No comments:

Post a Comment