Monday 30 December 2013

Island of dreams

*The first Poem i ever wrote*

A gentle breeze brushes against my face
as the trees dance gracefully to the tune of the wind.
The scent of fresh red roses fill the air,
just like the sexy perfume you used to wear.
Darkness,
 was all could see, feel and touch.
The pitch darkness swallowed me up, then there was silence..

My heart was swept away by the soft wind,
and i peacefully drifted into the island of darkness,
an island of dreams and fantasies,
our island of dreams.

All of a sudden
i saw a glow of light,
a glow of beautiful bright light, radiating from the glitter in your smile.
The smile which always fills my heart with joy.
From a distance,
i hear your melodious voice,
growing closer and closer,
and it was like music to my ears.
I felt your velvet skin against mine,
as i held you close to me,
so close that i felt your heartbeat against mine.
They passionately combine to form one beat,
which beats rhythmically to sustain one being..
US.

An even brighter light shines,
consuming our island  and all the darkness.
I saw you no more,
and felt you no more,
you floated away on our island,
and i was left all alone,
heart broken and lonely.

The rays of the sun rising above the horizon met my eyes,
its dawn.
A dawn of new hope,
hoping that we'll meet again.
On our island,
in our dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment